Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Baby

Every family with a fair number of kids can always point out the reasons why "the baby" of the family is spoiled. For example...They get to go on bigger and better vacations than the others. They get giant homemade cookies in their lunches everyday. They get to go out to dinner more often. They get new fancy toys...electronics. They get a blog entry dedicated to them. The list can go on...but I would like to point one of my personal contributions on how I helped spoil the baby. I was not a standout in athletics. I maybe could have been (not really) but instead I, as well as the other siblings held back a bit to give more stardom to the baby. If we would have all been good at everything then it would have been so great to watch Tim..."big deal, here's another one" instead of "WOW Tim, you're just really good at everything." SO really, Tim should be thanking all of his siblings for not being the standouts. Kevin came close and Cortney gave it a good showing, but Tim got it all.

Here is a short highlight reel of just a FEW of his amazing strides on the football field this season.

Tim House Highlight Reel
Tim is #10 in the white or red running with the ball



Really...I wanted to just brag on my big baby brother. He is such a good, funny kid with so much going for him. He is talented in football. Talented in shot put and discus. And not really a surprise, but he was also good in wrestling this year. He didn't want to wrestle because he doesn't like it and hadn't done it since 8th grade. He just did it this year because the coaches wanted him to and because my parents thought it would be good for him. AND Tim is a smart kid. Makes me "proud" to be his sister.

And really, I don't think it's all that easy being the baby. You grow up in a big family with siblings all around but then they grow up, leave the house, get married, and you're left with just mom and dad. NOT a bad position to be in...just a little lonely. And poor Tim...in less than a year Kevin went on his mission, Brittany got married, and now Cortney gets married next Friday. Good thing Tyler is here to make him laugh.

No comments: