Saturday, February 21, 2009

IKEA

I knew it was going to be fun and I'm so glad I wasn't disappointed. I've been wanting to go to IKEA for so long. Since Talmage has had the week off school we decided we would go. We chose to go on Tuesday because I also thought it would be fun to go to the Galt flea market. I hadn't been there in years so it seemed like a fun thing to do. Of course that was the day it POURED so we didn't stop. I wasn't a very good navigator so I led us a few miles out of the way, but we finally made it. But even with the minor difficulties in getting there it lived up to the expectation I had.


It was a bit overwhelming and a little difficult with two kids. I know I could have spent a lot longer there and we were even there for almost 4 hours. Talmage was such a good sport. I actually think he enjoyed it. I'm sure he could have spent a little less time there but he was good to let me enjoy it.
Kenzie liked trying things out. It's just too bad she was about 2 inches too short to go to the little play area. She was more than mildly disappointed about that. Talmage pushed her around in the cart and they made that more fun than most. Those wheels just slide over that slick floor! Too bad Tyler wanted to be held the whole time. I saw so many fun cute things, though. I realized that was a store where I could spend A LOT of money. We got a few things that are fun and useful. My favorite purchase of the day was the laundry drying rack. Talmage put it up on Wednesday and I used it for the first time today. It's on a great little pulley system so I can put things on it then get it out of the way.

I had such a fun time. I can't wait to go back. It's probably a good thing it's an hour and a half away...

3 comments:

jennsekona said...

oh seriously isn't that store borderline ridiculous for the amount of time and fun you can have there?! I'm glad you finally got to go!

Anonymous said...

I love IKEA. I wish we had one here. I'm glad you had so much fun.

Tami H. said...

ooohhh, that looks cool, what else did you get?