Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back to School

Back to school already. Grant loves school so he was excited to go back. I admit I was dreading it just a bit because of the transportation delima. Grant rode the bus home from school most days last year. I know it wasn't good of me to complain but I wished the bus could just drop him off in front of our house. It had to drive right in front of our house to circle the park to end up at the bus stop anyway. Most days I had to wake Tyler up from his naps...never fun to wake a peacefully sleeping baby.
Well this year, there is no bus transportation for kids within city limits. Makes sense...I know and I agree with it, however, I don't love it. I would rather take away buses than teachers. There are a LOT of kids that go to school and a LOT of cars that drive to drop them off and pick them up. I really shouldn't complain... It's wonderful that he has a great school to go to. So....first day of school. He was happy. He was excited. He met his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Harris. He has two friends from his class last year, Max and Ernesto. He is excited about his own desk. He thinks it's so fun to play on the big playground. It's a little weird having him gone all day. That hasn't been as exhausting for him as I anticipated. He's adjusted very well. I called my parents after Grant's first day of school and told them I just dropped off my First Grader for his first day of ALL day school. My dad replied that he had just sent his Twelfth Grader off to school...his last kid to send off for his last year of school. (Quickly I felt I wasn't going to get much sympathy for taking my first grader)I didn't hear much about his first day of school -- he doesn't divulge much information no matter how many questions I ask. I did hear that he chased some girls at recess. That was surprising! but it made me smile. Grant is such a shy and reserved boy that I didn't know he had that in him. Way to go Grant. Well...as always, this year will fly by and before we know it Summer will be here again. Talmage is convinced that Kenzie will start Kindergarten next Fall but I'm a little hesitant. I'm not ready for my kids to grow up so fast. Kenzie is so close to the deadline for starting school. Her birthday is November 8th and the cutoff is December 1st. My sister Brittany and I both have November birthdays. We started school early and seemed to turn out okay -- But my mom wishes she would have started us later. Why make kids grow up so fast? We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

meegz said...

How did he get so big???? Wasn't he just a baby? You're family looks well deserving(ly) happy!:)