Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hard work pays off

I had mostly disappeared from the blogging world.  I don't think I so much felt I was too busy, it was more I felt other people were too busy to read blogs anymore (I still do, occassionally).  Maybe I should just take up a yearly report being that it has been over a year since I last posted anything.  I had a friendly little reminder from a dear friend that the one year mark was quickly approaching and now it has come and gone ALL too quickly.  (I actually wrote this the beginning of October...and I was waiting to add pictures before I posted it.  What happened to November?!?!)

So the BIG news as of lately has marked quite a change for our family.  Talmage got a new job!  He is the new Assistant Principal at Escalon High School. 
All of the HARD work is finally going to pay off.  I am so proud of him.  I have been AMAZED at his dedication and job well done to get his administrative credential and work towards his Masters.  He is 1 class and a thesis away from his Masters which he would have completed in May but with a new job it will probably be pushed back a semester.  It has definitely been a long and busy process.  Winter semester (January-May) he had class three nights a week to complete 14 credits.  When I was in college, 14 units seemed to be what I aimed for but that was before I was married and had kids.  So to complete 14 units while being a husband, father, full time high school teacher, coach, volunteer scouter, stake young men's counselor, AND manage to get a 4.0 (a 4.0 since he started his graduate work, by the way)...I couldn't be more proud.  I know it must have been hard but I never heard Talmage complain.  There were times that I was tired for him but he would continue to persevere and get the work done.  Now a new job.  New responsibilites.  A new cell phone/smart phone that actually gets service in our house (that was pretty exciting...i'm jealous of the bar code scanner and couponing abilities he has with it...oh well).  A new office.  A new amount of paperwork.  A new look on the discipline of kids...not the fun part.  Talmage does well at anything he puts his mind to.  He was a FANTASTIC teacher and for that, he will be missed.  But I think he will have such a positive influence on the students at EHS.  He truly cares about them and wants them to succeed. 

I'm so proud of him!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post in every way! I have been so anxious to find your blog on my "recent update" list. :) Congrats to Talmage!! I just started my master's program (school counseling) in the past month and I can hardly balance all the reading, papers, and presentations! And I certainly don't have a spouse, kids, and all the other things Talmage had to share his time with. And a 4.0?! Sheesh... that's awesome. I'm happy for your family! I wish I could see Talmage in action with the kids. I can only imagine how great he is. You picked yourself a good one! :)

Tanner & Jessica Allen said...

I agree with you Kelly! I don't know how many people read blogs, but I do!! I'm so excited for Talmage (and you) to be done with school, he is busy!! We can't wait for Tanner to be done! Wish we were closer so we could hang out with our kids while our husbands are gone! Love you lots!!

Taylor & Shalie said...

Talmage is the man! I wish i had his hairline

Felton Family said...

I still read blogs!!! I haven't been to a Lewis Family Reunion in forever so I love that I can catch up with blogs!!! So exciting for Talmage and your family! Congrats on EVERYTHING!!!