Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's finally GREEN

We've lived in our house for almost 7 months...hard to believe it's been that long! I'm sure most homeowners have an on-going list of projects to work on and things that are needed. At least I know I have a list of things I want to do and things that I want for our house. It's just time and money. Both of which are not in abundant surplus. But we finally completed one of the BIG things on our list. We now have grass in our backyard. It's been a long process since Talmage has been so busy with school and scouting and taking classes. But here are pictures... The "before" any work. Just weeds.
Before my brother Kevin left on his mission he came and helped us bring in fill dirt and rotor-till the backyard. He was so much help! I was disappointed that he left before we finished because he was so helpful.
It should have been ready for the sod but we had been having a problem with a sprinkler that Talmage hadn't figured out yet. We also needed to add some compost or fertilizer before the sod. SO after getting the sprinkler fixed we were ready for the fertilizer and rotor tilling again.
Nice to have family that can help! Talmage got some fertilizer from my uncle Don's chicken ranch. Then my dad and brother Tim helped spread the fertilizer and till it one more time.

We were lucky enough to get some extra recruits. My cousins Kacey and Robert came to help lay the sod. That was especially nice because my dad and Tim had appointments to get their hair cut.

And the final result. I love the green. We still need to figure out what to plant in the border but at least we have the grass. The "after."

4 comments:

Mandy said...

What a beautiful yard! One day, I will have grass like that! Oh what a big job! Congrart on all the green!

Maylene said...

Wow, that looks great! I know that was a lot of work :) We did it a few years ago to our yard I remember being exhausted when it was over. In fact I think I would probably want to just hire the day laborers to do it if we ever have to lay sod again!

jennsekona said...

ooh pretty can't wait to come out and play on it in the month!!

tennille said...

What a difference a little green can make! It looks great!!