Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dinner and Dessert

I love a good deal. It's fun to see how much I can get for as little as possible. Coupons. Sales. Deals. Bargains. Discounts. All a language I understand very well. Monday night for FHE we decided to use our FREE SUB coupons for Quiznos. Talmage and I each had one so we knew we were covered. We figured we would just share our sandwiches with the kids and get something else to eat at home. Not a surprise that I took a little longer to order...I just couldn't decide what I wanted. The lady helping me was very patient and kind. She let me taste the different sauces that went on the sandwiches to make sure I liked them. After ordering my sandwich she asked if I wanted to get something for the kids. I asked how much the kid sandwiches were. $1.99 for a 3 inch sub...but she would give me two for the price of one. Sounded like a good deal to me.

So after getting our three sandwiches...which were delicious of course, we were enjoying a nice evening together. Our kids were happy. We were able to eat our sandwiches and they were able to eat theirs. When we were just about done the other lady working came to our table with three cookies and asked if the kids could have them. Well of course! Grant had been asking for a cookie but we didn't want to pay $1.29 for 1 cookie. How nice of her!

Then Talmage went to go refill our waters and one of the ladies said he could fill up on any of the other drinks. He thanked them but we just stuck with water.
What an evening! It was great walking out of there having dinner and dessert for only $2.14. It might have helped that were were the only ones in there most of the time. Only a few people came and went during the time we were there. Maybe it's just that we have cute kids?! Whatever the reason, those two employees were so nice. We had to leave them a little tip. Of course it wasn't ALL free...but close enough! Thanks Quiznos!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

KELLY!!! How fun it was for me to discover your comment! I'll send you an invite, for sure. I was actually going to set the blog to private early this morning, and I'm so glad that I didn't. It is great to run across you! It's been a long time!

Kathryn S. said...

I wish we got those free coupons. John went to their sight a little too late :( Your good experience there makes me happy though!

Stephanie said...

Hey Kel - we also used our free quiznos sub coupons before I left. It's always better when it's free!

Ivie said...

It is because of your cute kids! :)

Mandy said...

Hey, I need to get your e-mail address so that I can send you an invite to my blog. E-mail me at mandywilding@hotmail.com