Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ever so dependent...

I can't believe how much we rely on technology! It's crazy that we once lived without computers and without the internet. Right around the time Tyler was born our computer monitor was fading and fading fast. It would shut off on us all the time. Frustrating. I realized then how much we depended on computers. Lately we have a whole new issue. The monitor is working great...it's a new one. I think Tyler was 2 weeks old when the old one finally gave up completely. But this new issue is the computer. It gives us the blue screen of death.

For those that have experienced this joyful event know how it's not so joyful. One morning I had it shut down on me 5 times within 30 minutes. Why did I even keep trying?! Last Friday I was talking to Dell tech support for 3 hours. When I got off the phone after the first hour I thought the kind lady in India must have figured it out and helped. Shortly after...the BLUE SCREEN hit. I called them back and hoped it was a simple little problem they could fix again. Two hours later I got off the phone hearing that it would be best to reinstall the whole operating system and upgrade the memory on it. Our computer IS 5 years old next month. That's pretty good for a computer. The Dell tech support people said there was no need to buy a new computer but we just need to upgrade. I thought they would convince me I needed a new computer. More money for the company they work for, RIGHT? We now have more memory so all it needs is a reinstalled operating system... We'll see what happens!!

2 comments:

Mommy Madness said...

I have been there... only it was happening to my computer when it was not even a year old. I think we got a virus somehow. Jess had to dump EVERYTHING off and re-load ALL the software. Fortunately, we were backing everything up regularly, which isn't the case now.

bradford said...

hey guys - hope life is great!