Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I know I'm complaining

I'm having a hard time getting this started... I know what I want to say but I want to say it in a way that doesn't make it sound like I'm perfect...I'm only practically perfect. That being said, I wonder what's wrong with people. The past two days I've had two "Is this really happening?!" moments. Two things that I've been reminded that I don't like are 1) Disrespect and 2) Customer Service Agents.

A few days before my 16th birthday my family moved from the house on the turkey ranch to our new house. I had lived in the other house since I was 1. Of course many memories were created in that house. I remember so many little details about it. And the yard...I remember the HOURS I spent playing in the playhouse or swingset fort my dad built or just skating around the cement sidewalk. It was a HUGE backyard. The playhouse had a cute little porch, a dutch door, and 4 working windows. And the furniture... We were so lucky!

So yesterday my mom called and said my dad was over at our old house and we could go walk through it. The previous hired man moved out and before the new worker went in they had to fix it up a bit. The house showed 12 1/2 years of neglect. Obviously people that didn't like to clean. BUT it was the playhouse that really bothered me. This was more than just lack of respect. Total vandalism. Profanity was graffitied on the outside of the door and the walls inside. I was beyond disgusted that people would do that. What kind of world do we live in? This wasn't their property. Did the parents not care that their teenage or older boys would deface something that wasn't theirs? So perhaps the "kids" were going through a wild stage...but what about the parents?! I can't imagine they didn't know. What really bothers me is the fact that people do things like that but are not held accountable. I think they should have to pay for the damages but I know that will never happen. Who knows what these people did with their money but they sure didn't save it. To live in a house rent free and beyond not taking care of the house, they defile the innocent little playhouse. Even though the playhouse was bad and the house wasn't in good shape like we left it, I enjoyed being able to walk through the house. There were things about it I had forgotten. Fun memories in that house.

But as for my second item of annoyance...Customer Service Agents! I talked to PG&E for over an hour today and still didn't get my questions answered. I talked to three different representatives today and one a week and a half ago. I don't know what kind of training those people go through but someone should at least teach them to tell people the same thing. I heard so many different things that I was more confused after I got off the phone. I wished I hadn't bothered calling. What's so great about it is one lady told me she was going to transfer me to her supervisor so he could help me understand what she was telling me. WHAT?! I totally understood what she was telling me...but why could I not get a straight answer from her?!
The issue is about NONBYPASSABLE charges. When we moved into our house I was told that there was a charge for about $3 a month from PG&E. The charge is because PG&E came and put the equipment here but they didn't get the Electric accounts...those went to Modesto Irrigation District. The charge was about $2 for the month of November when we first moved in. The month of December was $3.64. I knew it was supposed to be around $3 so it didn't bother me. Then for the month of January it was $7.12. I just wanted someone to answer why it went up so much and if it's based on the average from the previous owners usage or our metered usage or all customers average usage. Not one of those 4 people could tell me that. And then I'm the one that doesn't understand what they're saying. I am a college educated person. Not saying that I know everything...but I seem to be able to understand what people are telling me. I can't say the same for Barbara, Beverly, or Michael. I still want to put up a fight for finding out what this really is all about...but is it really worth it!? I should just pay the bills and ask no questions.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Amen to that weird PG&E fee and their award winning customer service. I finally gave up on trying to get to the bottom of that one. It just wasn't worth my time anymore. Which is probably exactly what they want you to think.

And as for your old house. That is just sad, awful. Some people just don't get it - that whole decent human being thing. It can be difficult being a contributing member of society.

Stephanie said...

I am so sad to hear about your playhouse! And your old house too. I can't believe they would treat it so badly. I would be furious! How does your mom feel? I bet it was very sad to walk through that house.

And as for the PG&E thing - I would definitely be insisting that someone give you a straight answer. Sometimes I feel like I'm on the phone with idiotic (sorry - that's harsh!) customer service agents.

Stephanie said...

Oh - and one more thing - how do you find the perfect comics to go along with your life?

Kelly said...

I just google for a phrase that goes along with my life and then look in the images. I guess I'm not the first to experience these things...

Amy said...

we pay 15 a month for those non-bypassable what ever it is, I guess since we have been here for a while, it is more.....so annoying!!!

I am so sad about the playhouse. I love that place. So many fun times!!!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

I'm sorry about the PG&E ordeal, but I am even more bugged about the playhouse! I can remember playing out there with Courtney and Maryanne Gardener. So sad that it was defiled! I'll just try to remember what it looked like then instead of trying to imagine the damage now!