Thursday, April 2, 2009

A little behind

Last Saturday Kenzie and I got to be princesses. Kenzie went to a Princess Party for her little friend and I went to a Princess Party for another little friend. Kenzie had so much fun. Elsa's mom was INCREDIBLE. First of all the invitations were cute little homemade PINK satin pillows with a PINK paper crown. How could Kenzie NOT be excited about that!? Then Elsa's mom was all dressed up and she had a cute castle all set up in the house. Later I found out from Kenzie that the little boys at the party dressed up like Knights and fought the Dragon (Elsa's dad) while all the little princesses ran into the Castle. (This is according to Kenzie so I'm not exactly sure how it all played out. She did say she was afraid of the dragon though.)


And I got to be Snow White for another little Princess party. It was so much fun! I always thought it would be fun to be Snow White at Disneyland. When I was in college I would talk like Snow White when my boss's granddaughters came to visit. It was fun then and it was fun on Saturday. I always loved dressing up when I was a little girl but I didn't know it would be as much fun as an adult too. I don't want to boast...but I think I was a pretty good Snow White. Thanks Angela for asking me! What I realized about these two parties...it's probably time I finally have a birthday party for my kids. Grant has never had a "friend" party and he'll be 6 in July. We had talked about having a party for Kenzie for her last birthday but that was right during the time we got the keys to our house and started painting and moving. We never did have a party. Sorry kids!

Yesterday we watched Jack and Audrey while Katie and Eric (and almost everyone else in the family) went to see Wicked in San Francisco. (Talmage and I are going next week since he has Spring Break). We had a fun day with the kids. I admit my ears started to get a little tired because everyone came to me for everything. All of the kids were very good. At one point when I was trying to make dinner before Tyler woke up from his nap, the kids kept coming to ask for a snack or ask where a toy was or let me know someone wasn't doing something... I finally came up with a brilliant game. It actually wasn't a game, nor was it brilliant. It was the first thing that came to my head. I told the kids to all sit down, close their eyes, and plug their ears. I thought they would laugh and tell me no. But they ALL did it. I was the one laughing. It was so funny that they were so quick to follow those instructions. I felt bad I didn't have an actual fun game for them to play. I'm sure if my head hadn't been so cloudy from the noise of the day or my cough I could have come up with something.
Talmage got home not too much later and took the kids out to the park. I am so lucky to have a patient and wonderful husband. He took the kids out and ran with them and played until dinner was ready. Then he helped the kids get the toy room all clean and give the kids a bath. We put Grant, Kenzie, and Tyler to bed then Talmage read Jack and Audrey books for almost an hour. Audrey soon fell asleep but Jack wanted to stay awake until his parents got there. Talmage and I were talking to him about his new baby brother or sister. He had some pretty good names picked out. For a boy, he wanted the name to be "HeyJude" and for a girl, "Andi". Pretty creative! He finally gave in and fell asleep.


The other day the kids were playing in the toy room. I noticed it seemed a little quieter than usual so I looked out to find they had taken their toys out for some air. It was a beautiful day. These kids are so funny and creative with their toys. I'm glad they're such good friends.
And for a little Tyler update... He'll be 9 months on Saturday. Still not crawling but he'll scoot on his back and every once in a while roll over to get something. Progress. He's also slept all night about 4 nights in a row. He had been sick so I didn't blame him for waking up in the night then. He just didn't feel good. Now we need to work on getting him to take a bottle again since next Wednesday we'll be in San Francisco all day.

7 comments:

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

you are the prettiest snow white ever! i wanted to be cinderella in college, and stacey wanted to be tinkerbell. we all should have done it. :) your new house is beautiful... i'm so excited for you! hopefully i'll get to see you soon, it's been too long!

Mandy said...

You are the most beautiful Snow White I have ever seen! I'm pretty sure that if you ever needed a job, Disney would hire you in a second! I do have to agree that dressing up can be fun. I dressed up as Belle about a month ago for a Young Women's activity, and it was a riot!

I'm oh so jealous that you get to go see Wicked! It is supposed to come here to SLC at the beginning of the summer, but I have yet to see it advertised. Must have just been a really crummy rumor! Grrrr!

I love the pic of the kids with their eyes and ears closed. What good lil ones. So obedient! I hope my baby girl is like that at that age!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

what a beautiful snow white you make, kelly!

Maylene said...

Wow, you really are a gorgeous Snow White. I would hire you for a princess party anytime! How fun. I guess it doesn't really matter how old a girl gets...it is still fun to dress up and pretend to be a princess :)

Kathryn S. said...

You DO make such a good Snow White. I always wanted to be Bell, but me roommates one semester said I'm Meg from Hercules. I'm still not sure how I feel about that since she's goes from dishonest/bad to good and also has a negative attitude at times, lol!

Ivie said...

wow!!!! you totally look like snow white! and your kids are too cute!

Brittany Gain said...

hahahahaha. that was so funny. i laughed out loud -then i read it to tim and showed him the pic.. then he laughed out loud.. hard. then i showed it to kev and kaykay and they laughed. that is the funniest story/pic in the world. you need to send it somewhere and win a prize. i'll think of somewhere you can send it.