Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Swimming?

Last night for Family Home Evening we went swimming. Yes I know it's still April, but it's been hot this week. I don't know exactly how hot it got yesterday but I know it was in the 90's. Don and Carla invited us out to swim and have FHE with them. Their pool wasn't exactly what I would call warm...but it was refreshing in a comfortable way. Tyler even got to go swimming for the first time and he didn't complain. In fact I think he quite enjoyed it. Grant gave us a little lesson on The Iron Rod. He did such a great job. I'm amazed how many words he knows and how well he can read already. And Carla had brownies and ice cream for us...YUM. It was a very nice evening and a lot of fun.A few weeks ago was the Rodeo Parade. My sister Brittany asked if Grant and Kenzie wanted to ride in the Wells Fargo stagecoach with her. We dressed them in the best "cowboy" clothes we had. I think the kids had a fun time waving to everyone but I think the gentle rocking almost put them to sleep by the end.


We had a very nice Easter. After the Rodeo Parade there was a Ward Easter party at a park. Grant and Talmage did the egg toss and did pretty well. Then Grant did the egg on a spoon race and did very well. Kenzie made sure to stay close to either Grant or Mom but didn't want to participate. I tried to get her picture with the Easter Bunny...not a chance! She wouldn't even stand on the opposite side of the bench. Tyler was very happy and content sitting with Janet Miyabara...sure made things easier for me! The kids also enjoyed the egg hunt. Grant is always such a good brother to make sure Kenzie gets everything. He really looks out for her.

Easter at Grandma and Grandpa's was a little crazy but of course fun with all the little cousins. Kenzie got a PINK swimsuit from the Easter Bunny at my parents house and she INSISTED on wearing it and didn't want to take it off. She was so funny and such a GIRL. She definitely keeps us laughing. So the pink tutu looking outfit Kenzie is wearing is actually a swimsuit.


I think that just about catches me up. Last week was Grant's Spring Break but we didn't end up doing anything out of the ordinary. Talmage had a campout on Friday night so the kids and I had a little Ice Cream Picnic at the park. I asked him to draw pictures of things he wanted to do while he was out of school and he wanted to have a picnic at the park and go to Grandma's. The weather was very windy and pretty cool all week so we did spend some time out at my parents' house but at least we were able to get that picnic.

1 comment:

jennsekona said...

looks like some fun easter times! maybe next year we'll come out for easter and the rodeo parade, i loved their little "cowboy" outfits! too cute!!