Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hello Billings Montana


Today's the day, long awaited but not so much happily anticipated for some. My little brother Kevin enters the MTC today. I have been so impressed with this young man. He really has become a young man with so much strength, drive, confidence, and maturity. I'm sure today he isn't feeling so confident and strong, but that will change. It's been hard to say goodbye for 2 years.

Since he is the first sibling to go on a mission it tears at the heart strings a little harder. Sure all of us girls went away to college but somehow, even though that was hard, this is just harder. Two years FLIES by but it seems forever away.



It's different now that I think in terms of my kids. Grant will be 7 and Kenzie will be 5 when Kevin comes home. That just seems so hard to believe. Tyler will be 2 but for some reason that's easier to think about having a 2 year old. I've had 2 of them already. I just haven't had a 7 year old and to think of Kenzie being the same age as Grant and going to school...that's just not something I do well to think about.

So good luck Kevin (and good luck Mom and Dad getting through these first few days...or weeks...or months). You're going to be a great missionary. Yay for Montana Billings Mission

4 comments:

Ivie said...

I love that picture at the end! You all look so happy! Your dad makes me laugh :)

jennsekona said...

yea for kevin! it wasn't near as hard as i thought it was going to be, mason will be 8! yikes!! already baptised, that's weird!!!

Cwilde said...

Kelly--it was great talking to you yesterday afternoon. I've thought about you alot over the last few years and wondered how you were doing. Your family is sooooo cute!!!!
What a good looking missionary!!!

Jodi said...

cute family pictures!! kelly you have the most beautiful smile. I bet it was hard to say goodbye for 2 years. but so exciting for him and your family.