Thursday, May 7, 2009

Start spreading the news

Last night was Grant's Kindergarten Graduation. I've always thought it a little much to have a graduation for Kindergarten, but of course the kids get very excited about it. Grant had been telling me that his teacher said they could invite their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors...everyone is invited. Well last night...it felt like EVERYONE was there. It was totally crazy. First of all there are 6 kindergarten classes with about 20 kids in each class. Then there is a SMALL cafeteria to fit all 120 kindergartners PLUS parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, and neighbors. Yes...it was a BIT crowded, to say the least. And of course we got there later than anticipated. I was standing at the door until Grant's class went up to perform and I walked in and sat right in front on the floor so at least I could see. Talmage, Kenzie, and Tyler sat outside. I felt bad for everyone that came that didn't get to see or enjoy the performances. My grandparents came but of course left because there was no seat and no chance they would even see or hear what was going on.

I think the school learned A LOT about what NOT to do next year. It was insane! SO...here is the BAD video I have with my little camera... Grant is still cute!



After the performances we went back to Grant's class for their little "graduation." After the crowds left the room Grant showed us the things he has done this year. He's very proud of his work. He's a very smart boy and so sweet.

And lastly, when we were leaving the school there was a major traffic jam in the parking lot. We sat there for at least 10 minutes not moving. Finally I told Talmage he and the kids could just walk home and I would catch up with them later. After they started on their way and I sat there for a few more minutes I noticed a new opening in the parking lot so made my way through and passed up about 15 cars. I'm sure they weren't happy with me cutting in front of them but I was happy to finally be out of there. I caught up with Talmage and the kids in front of our old house. What an EVENING! Although, the best part was Talmage got out of his responsibilities at WoodBadge that night so he could be with us. He debated about staying the night and leaving early in the morning or leaving that night...He stayed. He had to leave around 5:20 this morning but it was NICE to have him home last night.

No comments: