Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wicked

It was a long time in the waiting but it finally came and so quickly went. Back in October I bought our tickets for Wicked. It was a play Talmage and I both thought would be fun to go see. My mom, sisters, cousins, aunts, etc. went last Wednesday but since Talmage wanted to see it and I knew he had Spring Break in April I knew we could go together. It was a fun day to spend just with Talmage. And surprisingly, I didn't worry about the kids...much, at all. I was relieved that Tyler was taking bottles and formula and he eats anything he can so I wasn't worried.

We left around 9:45 and decided to take BART so we wouldn't have to worry about parking or driving in San Francisco. Great idea! It was so relaxing...once we finally got on BART. Just a minor little gliche there. Once we got to the city we had about an hour and a half before heading into the theater. We got some lunch then walked around.
I kept noticing people carrying bags with produce so we went to check out behind the theater. Turns out the Farmers Market was going on. We grabbed some delicious kettle corn then continued around the block.
San Francisco City Hall was just right down the street so we walked up around there for a little bit. I wasn't always very good at getting the camera in the right spot to take a picture. Talmage was wearing a nice crown in this picture...but it sure is cute!

We should have gotten a better picture with the Wicked sign in the background, but this is all we got.
We had great seats and the play was absolutely wonderful. I would definitely go see it again. For those not familiar with it, it's the story about the Witches from The Wizard of Oz. It was fun to learn their story.
Of course after the play it was convenient to just hop on BART and talk about the play without having to watch for street signs or worry about traffic.
When we got back to our car, then came the impossible task (for me) to decide where to eat dinner. I had first suggested Applebees but we couldn't find it right away and saw many other restaurants. We walked into about 5 restaurants and looked at the menus before finally deciding on what else...APPLEBEES. I don't think either one of us minded the 45 minute decision making process. It was nice to just be out together and not having to worry about the kids.

And to finish off dinner...the delicious Chocolate Lava Cake. YUMMM!
We got to my parents' house to pick up the kids around 9:15. Kenzie and Tyler had fallen asleep but Grant hadn't given in yet. Katie had the kids earlier in the day but Brittany picked them up when she got off work. My mom had to work at the Disney Store...her one day a month job just happened to be the day we were going to see Wicked. As far as I heard, the kids were okay. Tyler did well taking bottles. I guess that means we can do it again sometime! What a fun day!

1 comment:

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

oh, i'm so jealous! i'm dying to see wicked! looking hot in your bathing suit! you are a brave woman!