Tuesday, September 16, 2008

3 Kids, a Soccer Game, and no bathroom

So the kids and I went to Talmage's soccer game...which was a lot of fun for most of the time. I was surprised with how long the kids lasted. I made sure to pack a lot of snacks and a few favorite books so they would be occupied long enough. Is there ever enough to occupy a 5 year old and an almost 3 year old at a soccer game? Of course not. The snacks were gone before the second half even started. The books were not exciting enough while sitting outside on the grass. Luckily they found out the stroller could be used as a jungle gym until that turned into a battle as to who got to sit in front. I kept counting down the minutes of the second half...it just didn't seem to go fast enough. I also kept thinking they might have a mercy rule that would end the game early being that Talmage's team was winning 10-0 with 15 minutes left in the second half. I started feeling bad for the other team. Their players just didn't look like they wanted to try anymore. I don't blame them! Not only were they losing...by a lot...but the Referee even asked Talmage if he would another player out of the game so they would have one less player than their opponents. I guess that's better than telling your team to ease up a bit because you still want your team to play strong. They ended up winning 12-0. I was really watching the game and knew my older two kids were okay because I could hear them right next to me. But I just happened to look down at the right time because Kenzie had her skirt off and was starting to pull down her underwear. She informed me that she had to go tinkle. I was holding Tyler feeding him a bottle but quickly bent down to help my little girl understand that she can't just go to the bathroom anywhere she wants! I quickly glanced around to see how many people had noticed. I didn't look to Talmage or his bench so I don't know how many of them noticed. There was a sweet mother that did notice and came to my rescue to help her pull up her skirt. The skirt has little shorts attached underneath and I made the mistake of putting two legs through one hole which we had to fix later, but at least we got the skirt up. Then came the next concern... Where's the closest bathroom and how am I going to take all three kids with me. The last 12 minutes went by really slow after that! Escalon's soccer field doesn't have close bathrooms. I just told Kenzie to hold it and I hoped for the best. Luckily we made it all the way through the game and even a little while after. Whew!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So, I seriously laughed out loud on that one. Good story Kel.