Friday, September 26, 2008

President who?!

Funny story... The other day I was picking Grant up from school and visiting with one of the other moms. The kids had come out and they were just waiting for their moms to stop talking. Their teacher came up to us and said, "I have a question...Who is President Hinckley? And apparently he died?"



We mentioned to her that he was the President of our church but that yes, he did pass away. She replied that they were talking about the President of the United States and about half the kids were insisting that the President is President Hinckley, not President Bush. They also of course informed her that President Hinckley died.


She said she had a hard time convincing them that they were wrong and that the President of the United States is President Bush. Out of a class of 20 students, 8 of them are LDS. I'm not sure who the really outspoken ones of the bunch were. I can't really see Grant being the one to really insist that President Hinckley is the only President. Although I don't ever remember teaching him about our country and that we have a President of our country who is our leader just like our church has a President. Good FHE lesson. What cute kids though! They loved their President Hinckley.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Hey bud! Cute blog! This is Adam Simpson. You guys have an adorable family. You all look great! Shoot me an email sometime and let me know how things are going:-) You can also check out our blog also...
http://www.simpsonclan04.blogspot.com/

If you dont mind I will add you to my list of friends on our blog. Good to catch up a bit with you.

melanie said...

Hi Kelly-
Ya, Mrs. Petroni told me Max started it! She told me they all were pretty persistent! ( She also said we need to make sure they know the difference) Ugh... I was kinda surprised Max spoke up. Pretty cute story though huh? :)

Kelly said...

So I heard... I thought it was so cute. What sweet little kids. Honestly I think it's more important to know who the President of the church is. He will always tell the truth and lead people in the right direction no matter how crazy this country gets.

Tami H. said...

Great Story !!!

Cara said...

That's a cute story! I'm glad to hear things are going well :)

Stephanie said...

Too funny...and cute!

the Bachlers said...

You need to send that story into the Friend. I bet they will publish it!