Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Budding Photographer and Little Princess



I love my kids. It's fun to see their different personalities and wonder what the years to come will bring. With Grant in school I wonder how he will interact with others. Who will his friends be? What will his teachers think of him? Will he be a quiet and sweet boy that I have imagined? or will he be inquizitive, outgoing, and friendly? Regardless, I know he's a good boy and a smart boy. I remember how worried I was about Grant starting school. I don't know if it was the pregnancy hormones or what but I can't even count the number of nights (or days) that I would cry thinking about him starting school. I cried the night before his last day of Gayle's School. I knew that since that was done school was the next thing. And once a child is in school it just never slows down from there. I would think about my little Grant and how he's gotten so big and so smart.

Makes me a little sad thinking about it even now. No tears are shed...as no tears were shed on the first day of school because I had gotten all of that out of my system by then. It's just an interesting thing we go through as mothers. We spend 9 months carrying a developing little person around thinking about what the baby will be like and one of my stresses, labor and delivery. I also remember worrying about Grant having a birth mark. Then we go through the stresses of trying to get the baby to sleep at night and during the day (I know that was a stress with Grant just as it is with Tyler now...when will I ever learn??). Worrying about why they're crying and what to do to fix it. The worrying and stressing just continues. What will happen when Grant gets his drivers license and starts dating?! It just never ends!
On another note... Grant has taken a great interest in photography lately. He always wants to borrow the camera. I'm okay with his love of photography...maybe he'll make a profession of it someday. Maybe he'll take over my mom's business. It's fun to see what he takes pictures of. Of course since he's just starting out he only takes pictures of what he loves most...a Star Wars book from the library.



Kenzie on the other hand...she used to love having her picture taken. All we would have to tell her was to smile like a princess and she would tilt her head to the side and smile. That doesn't so much work anymore.



She has a scowl for anyone that looks in her direction or tries to talk to her. I expect she'll outgrow it eventually...hopefully. I guess I won't have to worry about her dating if she keeps it up. I think she gives the dirty looks to people only because she's smart enough to do it. At least there's no question as to whether or not she has personality!

4 comments:

Amy said...

what a sweet mom you are. The kiddies are darling, absolutely darling! Have a great day!

Priamos Family said...

So sorry I missed your call yesterday! Thanks for the b-day wishes! Love reading about & seeing your cute family! Wish you were all closer! Love you! ~Annaliese

tennille said...

Hi Kelly! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm glad you finally started one. :) Such cute pictures! I'm pretty impressed with Grants photography skills.

melanie said...

What a cute little family you have! :)