Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I guess it's my turn

I've thought about starting a blog for months but I never wanted to create one. I'm not creative nor do I feel like I have much to share. BUT, I love looking at other people's blogs to see what's going on in people's lives so I thought it was about time I started one of my own. Not to mention that since I'm not very good at keeping in touch with people maybe this will help. I feel bad that my own aunt didn't even know I was pregnant until AFTER I had the baby and she read it on my sister's blog. Opps. Sorry Karen!

I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do for my own personal history as well as for friends that I haven't talked to in a long time. We did have another baby. Tyler Malin Allen (Malin is Talmage's middle name as well as his Grandpa's name) was born on the 4th of July. We expected him to come that day being that the Doctor scheduled to induce me at 9:00 that morning, what we didn't expect is that my water would break at 12:30 that morning and we would have him before 9:00 am. I was hoping my labor would be a lot shorter than it was but I have nothing to complain about. When I was induced with Mackenzie, once my water broke she was out about an hour later. Not so with this one... I was getting a little impatient let alone very tired of contractions and tired physically since I hadn't slept at all. I just wanted to be done. I think I was also crazy for electing to go without an epidurral again. I didn't have time to get one with Kenzie so I thought I would try it for this one as well. About 20 minutes before Tyler was born I knew there was no time to get the epidurral so I opted for a little pain med through the IV. No it didn't take the pain away but at least I felt like I was getting something.
Tyler was born at 7:16 AM and weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and measured 19 inches. He's a little guy but he has the longest fingers and toes I've seen on a baby. Who knows! Maybe he'll end up with a little help in the height department from the House genes. He's been a mostly happy baby. He has his moments like all of us and lucky for him that he's a baby and can cry when he feels like it and no one thinks it strange. I keep waiting for him to plump up a bit. I know that will help him sleep better through the night when he has some chubbiness to him.
Tyler is ADORED by his big brother and sister. I was a little worried that Kenzie wouldn't take to him so kindly. I think she has been very happy being the baby and getting the spoiling that comes with it. But she is a girl that loves dolls and babies so Tyler was a perfect gift for our family and for her. She loves "her baby" and has been very good with him except when she has to get in his face while he's sleeping or stop his swing to give him hugs or kisses. Grant has been an exceptional big brother. The first morning Tyler was home from the hospital Grant was reading him stories as he lay on the couch. And that is just the beginning. He has been so sweet to him and so helpful to me. He loves to hold Tyler and will sing to him or tell him stories. He's already working on their secret handshake.We feel very blessed with these special kids that are part of our family. Of course it's not always easy. We have plenty of fits and breakdowns but I just remind myself that it's only temporary. Soon enough these kids will be going to school then going on missions then getting married and I'll wish I could have a few of these days back again...just without the fits.





1 comment:

stephanie said...

Tyler is so cute, and I can't believe how big Grant and Mackenzie are!